We have worked on commemorative WW1 mapping projects coordinated by the New Zealand Ministry of Culture and Heritage. These include…
– a series of 22 maps detailing the territory and boundaries of key countries, kingdoms, and empires at the outbreak of war in 1914.
– a series of campaign maps drawn to illustrate Damien Fenton’s illustrated history “New Zealand and the First World War 1914-1918”.
– world maps comparing the geopolitical situation in 1914 with the post-war geopolitical situation in 1923.
– a series of maps drawn to illustrate “A Guide to First World War Heritage Sites in New Zealand” by Imelda Bargas and Tim Shoebridge.
– maps for “War News”, a television documentary series produced by the Gibson Group.
In late 2014 we were also commissioned to design and draw a large format 3D wall map detailing the 25 April 1915 allied landings on the Gallipoli peninsula. This map is now on display at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra.
A number of these maps can be seen with explanatory text on the
NZ History Online website